Monday, March 22, 2010

And they told me curiosity killed the cat....

so i guess this blog is going to be a random verbal vomit of my days thinkings. lately everything i hear and see relates to love. but truely what is love and why is it so great?
for me the eternally single being love is my best friends. the girls that fill my days with smiles and laughter. the girls that make going to school just that little bit enjoyable. the girls i can say are close enough to be my sisters. for me that is as close to love as i know at this moment.

SOMETHING I WROTE IN A BLOG IN 2008...I JUST FOUND IT AND I REALISED IVE MADE NO PROGRESS AT ALL :(

l.o.v.e
a mere four letters of our alphabet
just one word
a word that in the 21st century has lost close to all meaning
the word love has become so overused, so meaningless all because people throw it around recklessly.

This word, love, is a word i have longed to hear for close to the 16 years of my life, not longed to hear not at all, just to hear it with the meaning it really should hold.

To be loved, not by a mother or a sister, but to be loved by someone who doesn't have to have any connection with you, but on their own accord chooses to.
What does that feel like?
Is it as amazing as it sounds, as amazing as everyone says?
or because of the overuse of the word and the lack of meaning those four letters now hold when they are put together, does it feel irrelevant, lacking the emotion that the word LOVE, and when it is made into a sentence I LOVE YOU should hold.

i await my chance to truly feel what that answer is.




Chapter Three-LOVE
A four letter word. When combined with two others becomes the phrase i have longed to hear for so long. I still long to hear it, for it to hold the meaning it truly should. I hope some time soon i will truly find it. 2008 didn't consist of me finding love, just longing for it. There were times when i wish i had no emotions, when, if it wouldn't lead to death, i would have taken a scalpel and cut my heart out of my chest just to stop that feeling we all associate with the heart. That feeling called love, or in my case, more of a like. Still i search for that feeling we call love, the feeling that evokes such an array of emotions in two people who find each other and share "love". Maybe someday soon LOVE will actually have a true meaning in society. its overuse has led to the word LOVE being meaningless. Maybe when LOVE really means what it is supposed to i will find it.


but through my thinking and pondering and wondering i decided to google love and see what various people have said...

WHAT THE DICTIONARY SAYS"
•a strong positive emotion of regard and affection; "his love for his
work"; "children need a lot of love"
•any object of warm affection or devotion; "the theater was her first love"; "he has
a passion for cock fighting";
•have a great affection or liking for; "I love French food"; "She loves her boss and
works hard for him"

SOME QUOTES I FOUND INTERESTING:
"One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: That word is love." - Sophocles

"Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away." - Dorothy Parker

"Love is friendship set on fire." - unknown

"Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

"Love has no awareness of merit or demerit; it has no scale... Love loves; this is its nature." - Howard Thurman

"To love is to receive a glimpse of heaven." - Karen Sunde

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down."
- Woody Allen, (haha just for fun)


so out of all this i still wonder what is love? and why is it so great?
i guess one day i may find out.
just the ponderings of a girl....

No comments: